Now that you have finally settled on your dates, First steps to organising your family holiday:-
- Schedule Time off at work
- Choose your Resort: Family Friendly Hotels, All Inclusive, Apartment Hotels, Apartments or Villas
- Check out your airport transfers or car Hire Quotes: Request a car hire quote from Little Rascals in ‘Transport’. Top Tip – when looking for quotes from other providers take into consideration that some have hidden charges and won’t provide EU regulated car seats
- If you rather not hire a car, arrange a quote for an airport transfer. Request a Private transfer quote from Little Rascals in ‘Transport’, this includes free car seats – Top Tip:- check if other providers have Private vehicles for the sole use of guests and have EU regulated Car seats provided free of charge.
- Check Passports for expiry dates, and replace if needed
- Check driving Licence for expiry dates and replace if needed
- Check with your Resort any baby equipment included, or toys included:- Cots, High Chairs and Stair Gates etc – Get a quote from Little Rascals in ‘Baby Essentials’ or ‘Lets Play’
Top Tip:- Questions to ask your Resort:
- Are the highchairs clean, age suitable with secure safety straps?
- Are there any internal stairs or steps that could require safety gating?
- The wooden cots or travel cots are of suitable quality, clean and include breathable mattresses & linen?
- Are all cots marked with the EU standard ?
- Can the bedrooms be made sufficiently dark enough with/without Blackout blinds
- Are the bedrooms large enough for cots?
Check out prices for Golf Club rental and accessories from Little Rascals in ‘Golf’
6 Months to Go…………………
- Stock up on any holiday/summer bargains:- Clothes and Sunscreen.
- Exchange currency – check for the best rates
- Dietary and toiletry needs for your baby/children:
- Any specific diet, allergies, or sensitive to products? Contact Little Rascals for a quote and advise on sourcing products in our ‘Catering & Groceries’
- Pets at Home? Book Cat/Dog Hotels or House/Pet sitters.
- Book UK Taxi, Airport Parking, Family Taxi (Mum, Dad, Friend or neighbour) or Airport Hotel.
- Research Resort area. For excursions or ”Things to do” – Purchase our Access Algarve book/app to received 100s of discounts all across the Algarve in our ‘Holiday Extras’
- Check if any prescription medication is needed while away and if so contact GP/Chemist
- Travel shopping checklist:-
- UV50 Sunscreen
- Calpol (THIS IS NOT AVAILABLE IN PORTUGAL)
- Child’s Plane essential pack – Top Tip: Mini snack treats, a favourite toy, comic, colouring book, puzzles
- First aid kit
- Swim Nappies
- Formula wet wipes
- Contact Little Rascals – we can arrange for all these items to be in your pack – in our Baby Essentials
- Arrange travel Insurance
- Complete your order for Little Rascals
- Book Car Hire or Transfers
- Book Resort
2 Weeks to go…………………
- Suitcases down from the loft or out from the garage.
- Final checks at work make sure nothing will interrupt your holiday.
- Check Household utilities are all arranged for your holiday period.
- Final check on your order with Little Rascals, make sure nothing is missed and the items ordered are still accurate for height and weight.
1 Week to go…………………
- Yes you can finally start packing, -do you need to add extra baggage through your airline?
- Check you have sealed liquid bags for carry on luggage
- Check In and print Boarding Passes depending on Airline company
The Night/Day Before
- Pets to kennels / check house is in order for sitters with emergency numbers provided.
- Charge phones, and electrical items
- Essential bag for passports, boarding passes, driving licence’s, euros, medication, in flight formula, household keys, phones, cameras, ipads and there chargers, Travel
- Insurance documents, sun glasses and reading, Little Rascals booking form and maps
- Fill car up with Petrol/Diesel for journey to Airport
- Set Alarm Clock
Leaving the House
- Take out rubbish
- Don’t forget the Pushchair ! (If so phone Little rascals at the Airport!)
- Make sure all comfort toys, dummies, blankets or any security items are safely with your child.
- Don’t forget children! (especially Kevin)
Arrival at the Airport
- Top Tip – When exiting the vehicle please make sure all items are taken.